Roscoe State Bank is seeking an experienced mortgage originator to continue and develop its mortgage lending efforts in Central Texas. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of mortgage products and a proven ability to generate consistent monthly loan volumes. The right individual is energetic, self-driven, enjoys the business development process, and loves being part of a dynamic team environment. Based out of our Bastrop branch the lender will initially have the support of our existing administrative and marketing team, online application platform, Calyx Point LOS and off-site processor. The bank is open to making adjustments as needed to support your personal production levels.
Pay structure is designed to reward you for your personal contributions to the ongoing success of the bank. We anticipate a base salary, supplemented with bonus based on volume generated through closed and funded correspondent or brokered loans, bank portfolio loans, and commercial referrals to our business lenders (which includes construction lending). A full range of benefits are available, including health insurance and a strong 401(k) program.
This is a very nice opportunity to be a part of an organization that is dynamic and driven, with a proven track record of stability and growth spanning more than a 112 years. Your experience and talent will be difference makers for our team!
Required Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred, associate’s degree or equivalent professional training is required
- At least 5 years of experience in Mortgage lending is required
- Can satisfactorily meet NMLS licensing and registration requirements
- Must be able to clearly demonstrate knowledge of mortgage lending products and related regulatory guidelines
- An in-depth understanding of the mortgage lending process and all products offered
- Fully understands basic mortgage underwriting guidelines
- Ability to meet or exceed minimum monthly production goals
- Demonstrated accuracy, proven analytical skills, critical thinking skills
- Capacity to work independently, be self-motivated and adapt well to change
- Can maintain productivity under the pressure of deadlines
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with all levels of staff, clients and vendors
- Possesses solid organizational and administrative skills; ability to multi-task
- Actively involved in the local community, with frequent calls on realtors, builders, businesses and prospects in order to identify and attract new customers
- Facilitates various situations with diplomacy and tact
- Proven ability to accept mortgage loan applications and/or offer and negotiates terms
- Must have flexibility to meet with and assist customers during off work hours if necessary to maintain excellent customer service (nights & weekends)
Teller Full-Time (Sweetwater Branch)
Full-Time Bank Teller needed to join our bank family. We are looking for self-starters who will provide a positive customer experience with both a friendly personality and the ability to process information quickly and accurately. He or she should also be able to introduce products and services that meet the customers’ needs.
Job functions will include but are not limited to the following:
- Greet Customers When They Arrive Both in the Lobby and Through the Drive-Thru
- Process Deposits, Withdrawals and Other Banking Transactions
- Refer Customers to the Correct Department/Individuals for Specific Needs
- Assist Customers by Phone with Customer Services Questions Including Online Banking, Debit Card and Account Research
- Outbound Marketing Calls to Existing and Prospect Clients
- Previous Cash Handling Experience Preferred
- Strong Math and Logic Skills
- Excellent Organizational, Problem-Solving and Communication Skills
- Ability to Work With Computers, and Ability to Learn the Use of New Technology Quickly
- Ability to Get Along Well With Others
- Exemplary Customer Service Skills
Roscoe State Bank was founded in 1906 in the west Texas farming community of Roscoe. We expanded to the Central Texas area in 2004, landing in the beautiful and historic town of Bastrop where today we have a dynamic and growing branch team. Roscoe State Bank is a fiercely independent, community-focused bank, and we believe in treating our customers like our neighbors. You can learn more about our story here: https://www.rsb.bank/who-we-are/our-story
Roscoe State Bank is a member FDIC, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.